If you are a beginner and looking forward to building your own site, the most obvious factor will be the incorporation of the same on WordPress. One of the most asked questions has been whether to opt for free or paid themes. In this article, you will venture into the journey of the pros and cons of taking up both the types of WordPress Themes.
Pros of Free WordPress Themes
- The biggest benefit of taking up these themes is that it is not WordPress paid themes. If you are willing to start a blog of your own, this stands for the best option.
- You might be in the dilemma as to why people tend to purchase premium themes. To be honest, the free WP themes are inferior in quality than the paid ones.
- Free Wp themes are taken into high-quality standards. The themes that you get to view in the WordPress theme directory, undergo strict review processing.
- The professional’s experts are highly expert in their genre of work to examine and test the themes before they are implemented in the directory.
- The test is conducted for maintaining the standard complaint code, support for WordPress features, quality HTML and CSS, security, privacy and so on.
What is the reason behind giving the themes for free?
- Benefits are many when it comes to giving and sharing. It is sort of a trading. The process actually helps the concerned developers to work on their skill set. This is so because, during the processing of the review, the team who conducts the theme review goes for auditing of their codes and showcase their side of improvements.
- Not only this, it is a greater chance to showcase their theme to a huge traffic for recommendations and reviews. Other benefits involve forming a reputation as a skilled developer, creating a portfolio, getting paid jobs for customizing of these themes.
Cons of Free Wp Themes
It is kind of very subjective when you need to understand the cons of either free or premium responsive WordPress themes. It varies from person to person when it comes in terms of showcasing the disadvantages.
Support Options are Limited
The developers of the free wp themes offer their support only through WordPress forums. They are not entitled to revert to your queries or resolve any issues.
Though the themes tend to support standard WordPress features, most of the ones do not possess important features. This involves using shortcodes, formulating landing pages, creating buttons and so on.
Not Unique Enough
As it is free themes, it might be used by most of the aspiring people for their blogs or websites. That is a common design. There are limited options for the customization of the visual appearance.
Free themes come with no guarantee of warranty. If there is something wrong, you need to bear all by yourself. It is quite proved that when you are using free themes you will not get the features or sources that you have been looking for.
Pros of WordPress Paid Themes
The wp premium themes come with a price. You can purchase it from the marketplace or from a third-party.
Features and Customizations
- The best proof opting for premium themes is that you are entitled to gain new and more features. Customization is even allowed.
- Due to the increasing popularity of the premium themes, the providers are always looking for providing the best at an economical rate.
- When you become the customer of the premium theme, you will be receiving features like drag and drop builders, multiple layouts, templates, colour choices and shortcodes.
Support and Updates
With premium WordPress theme purchase, you will be able to receive the constant updates and support without any delay or loopholes. This is mainly because these theme shops will get the chance to make money versus performing the same for free.
- As you are paying an amount for the premium themes, it has to be unique and innovative. It will not be like the other themes which you get in free.
- There are options for customizations as well as they are responsive. You are having the potential in your hand to curate the best for your website. Just when you collaborate the above two points, you are bound to get something that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Cons of Premium WP Themes
Coming to the fact, not all premium themes are perfect. That doesn’t mean that it won’t be perfect for you. As stated before, it varies from the requirement and needs of the person.
There may be times when you purchase a theme that looks alluring but the standard of the coding is not up to the mark. That is what makes it incompatible with some plugins. This is because they are unable to go through the strict review process.
In the process of selling more number of themes, the developers tend to add an ample number of features which is not required. You might not even use the features and that will tend to slow the speed of your website.
Crossing over into Plugin Domain
There are at times WordPress themes can cross over plugin domain. That offers functionality which the developers are not supposed to provide. That means if you are using any certain feature that gets omitted as soon as you switch the theme.
You should know what you are purchasing. While you are purchasing a premium wp theme, you should remember that you are not hiring any developer. It is always the best option to acquire the documentation and seek help from the experts for setting up the theme. When you are collaborating with a good theme shop, they will provide you with the right support system, documentation and help available when it is required for the setting up of the theme.
Another better thing that can be opted for is to get in touch with a reputed company where you will directly get in touch of the developers. The experts are there to set up as well as design and develop the entire thing for making your website go live.